Saturday 17 August 2013

Back again...

Wow! I seriously can't believe it's been 7 months since I last wrote on here!! That's ridiculous! I guess it just shows how little time you have to yourself when you work full time.

Alright, let's get you up to speed! I got the temporary job at Lancaster, which did get extended in the end (6months total). I really enjoyed working there! But unfortunately they were unable to promise a job (due to funding) & the person I was covering for was probably coming back (if funding was approved, which it was), etc. So I kept my eyes open for other jobs going at the University. Eventually, something came up in Research Support & I went for it. Even though I had very little experience, they took me on! I started July 1st & it was quite a steep learning curve. But I love it & am happy to be working there. Just last night the whole office went out for a meal & it was good fun ;)

Other news, Simon's nearly finished with his masters & has been offered a job with Oracle Corporation, as a Technical Consultant. The first year they will train him up & then place him within the company. He's super excited for the opportunity & I couldn't be more proud of him :) Thankfully, they've told him he doesn't have to relocate because they'll be sending him all over the UK. So we've decided to stay in Garstang for now, if he is going to be away I'd rather stay near family & friends. It's a new chapter in our lives, which begins Sep 4th.

I'm off to Greece tomorrow! My very first ever paid vacation!! Meaning, I still get paid even though I'm not working. But I'm mostly excited to spend time with family!! So I really should get out of bed & get packing!

I'll try & make a better effort to stay active on here- add to the blogs titled "Married to a consultant..."
But there's still a couple weeks left before that madness begins. & I get to fill them with sunshine!

Chat soon xx


No comments:

Post a Comment